Friday, January 11, 2013

Living Conditions

I've decided to do some more research that is actually relevant to my study abroad preparations, and I thought it might be important to know a little about the place I will be coming home to over the next few months.  Since I'll be living in a single in what is considered a fresher dorm (they call freshmen "freshers," which sounds to me like a drink you have in the middle of a stressful day), I'm expecting the room to be rather small and cell-like. But the fact that it's a single is nice, since freshmen in the U.S. almost always have one or two roommates. Hopefully the fact that I'm living with freshmen and other people studying abroad will mean that they're not all cliqued up already, so I can actually make some friends. Supposedly there are game rooms and TV rooms and common area type places to meet people in too. And I get access to a fairly large kitchen with my own locked cabinet, which will be great, since I don't have a meal plan and would like to make most of my own food.

Anyway, when I was trying to find pictures of what the dorm rooms look like, I came across this dude, who I totally thought was Bill Wyman for about three seconds.

The picture is from Stirling's archives, but it'd be great if I could find a hip-dressing guy like this when I'm there.

Here is one of the residence buildings. I'm not sure which one it is, but I'll figure it out.
I think that's Airthrey Loch at the bottom. It looks lovely.

Here is a video about accommodations. Not lookin' too bad.
They send people to help you clean your room once a week?? Bless their souls! Compared to my freshman housing, this place is starting to look like a hotel.

Helpful lady made a nice, basic advice video about studying abroad at Stirling.

And here is an intro to fun stuff on campus:

I'm really excited to find fun stuff to do and fun people to do it with. Although I know I'm mainly going to Stirling to be a student, I hope there will still be lots of time left over for exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment